LTSK500, robot-controlled scanning system for large components
One sensor, one robot...many testing stations
The robot-controlled LTSK500 scanning system is specialised in the precision 3D presence monitoring of the functional features of large components.
A calibration process refers the scanning coordinates from the LTSK500 scanning system to the flange coordinates of the robot.
The notable features of the LTSK500 scanning system are:
- Insensitive to stray light and surface discolouration
- High-precision 3D dimensional and presence check combined
- Flexible and easily adaptable measurement chain design
- Can be operated as a stand-alone system
The steps used in the evaluation
The LTSK500 is a laser triangulation sensor: The LTSK500 scanning system is guided by a robot evenly over the area to be scanned.
At the same time, a line laser is used to scan the object being examined, whilst the camera sensor, which is directed onto the object being scanned at a defined angle to the line laser - the laser line reflected from the object records.
In this way, a 3D image of the scanned object will be produced line-by-line.
The profile data gained in this way are evaluated directly in the sensor, and saved in the form of bitmap files, if needed.
The evaluation results can be sent to a PLC using digital signals, saved on a connected up PC or sent to a database via Ethernet (TCP/IP).
Specifics on complex components
- Punching out in random shapes
- Sleeves, bushes, nuts, eyelets, hooks, threads, bolts, rivets
- Tabs, lugs, ribs, bars
- Weld seams, welding spots, solder connections
- Even difficult to access specifics are determinable using a large scanning clearance
- ...and much more
3D geometry checking
3D measurement definition
- Positions (x, y, z)
- Angles / axles / orientations
- Circles / ellipses
- Levels / flats / edges
- Standard deviation depending on measurement object in range between
Extended checkProcess safeguarding sequences
- Measurement of the component against additional reference bodies, in order to eliminate positional tolerances, e.g. of the robot
- Regular measurement of control parts for checking the system
- Regular measurement against special reference bodies for checking the position references of the measurement system
- Measurements with local component reference for measurement definitions independent of the position
Optical weld seam quality control
After the path points have been taught in, the seam will be run over by the robot and, in the process, scanned by the LTSK500 scanning system. The image data saved are evaluated directly on the sensor.
Teaching in using teach-in aid
The scanning positions for the LTSK500 scanning system are configured using the optical "teach-in aid".
Using a traffic light (traffic light function) implemented graphically, the following are displayed on the teach monitor to the operator
- the correct working distance
- the correct angle in the scanning direction
- the correct angle crossways to the scanning direction
for every single path point.
Production data & process data
Preparation, output & storage
- Simple OK / NOK output
- Measured value output in ASCII format
- Exchange format, e.g. to Excel as CSV
- Online backup for all scanning raw data
- Backup using database connection
- Graphically enhanced display
- Generation of process data
- Customer-specific analyses
Tools & features for this productFor more information, place the cursor over the icons.
Components used for calibration and checking the system
Technical data and dimensions
|Working distance:||155 mm|
|Optical system:||CCD sensor, 480x640 pixels|
|Picture zone (width x height):||30x40 mm|
|Frame rate:||500 frames/sec.|
|Scanning speed:||100 mm/sec. (typically)|
|Scanning density:||0,2 mm at 100 mm/sec.|
|Dig. / IOs:||4x dig. input and 4x dig. output|
|Interface:||1x Ethernet interface|
|4x line lasers:||635 nm wave length (red)|
|Laser protection class||<= 2M (EN 60825-1)|
|Dimensions of sensor (height x width x depth):||115mm x 156mm x 60mm|
|Dimensions with connection (height x width x depth):||250mm x 156mm x 60mm|
|Weight:||approx. 2500 gr.|
|Operating voltage:||24 V=|
|Power consumption:||410 mW|