2½D type testing of round components
Checking brake disc blanks prior to mechanical processing
Check based on component identification, component contours and component height profileil
Before the brake disc blanks continue to be conveyed to the processing production lines, it is necessary to ensure that these actually are blanks used in the planned type.
In normal manufacturing operations, the brake disc blanks are automatically removed from the transport containers with the aid of suitable unloading units, e.g. robots or electromechanical handling units, and deposited at a defined test position.
After the blank has been deposited, there will be a triggering command from the system control to the TPS400 type testing system, which checks the component for its embossed identification, its contour and its height profile - and compares the determined actual values with the nominal values.
If the measured values for the tested component match up with the values of the expected component type, then the component will be transferred to the production line for further processing.
If the measured values do not match up with the values of the expected component type, then the component will be removed at this point.
TPS400, installed to be movable (above the component repository)
This is how the test is done
Procedure for testing
- After depositing, the 1st - recording takes place with the integrated ring flash lighting
- After that, a 2nd - recording will be created using an activated line laser for acquiring the height profile
- The acquired component contours and component identification are compared with the data for the stored component types
- The test result is transmitted to the PLC
- Further test data are saved locally, if needed, or sent
Type test based on component identification and component contours for friction ring blanks.